St John Ambulance

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Swallow

St John Ambulance

Post by Swallow »

Saw these today at a local event and saw them in action with blues and twos
Attachments
101_0938.jpg
'Kernow bys Vyken'
bogmyrtle

Re: St John Ambulance

Post by bogmyrtle »

Has he been practicing on his own shins?
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

See plenty of these in London and around Cambridge at events. Interesting bikes, disc on the front and a vee on the rear. Sounds really practical.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

iandriver wrote:See plenty of these in London and around Cambridge at events. Interesting bikes, disc on the front and a vee on the rear. Sounds really practical.

Used to use that combination - works well.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
RickH

Post by RickH »

iandriver wrote:See plenty of these in London and around Cambridge at events. Interesting bikes, disc on the front and a vee on the rear. Sounds really practical.

The one in Swallow's picture doesn't seems to have a rear V brake - there's nothing attached to the seat stays - so I assume it is discs front and rear.

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Seen 'em in Plymouth too.
Good idea, I reckon.
Mick F. Cornwall
HaroldBriercliffe

Post by HaroldBriercliffe »

Cracking organization.
All strength to them.
Not seen any St John Ambulance people on bikes round here yet though.
" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
(Dogen)
Si

Post by Si »

Last time I had a good chat with a couple of ST J's A people I was marshalling on an MTB race. We were at the far end of the course and the ST J's A people were getting a little bored so they started 'altering' the course in order to drum up some custom :lol:
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

When I first saw this thread's title the other day, I thought it was going to be about the lawyer criticised by the judge for looking like something out of Harry Potter. He was reported to have St John's Ambulance medals sewn on his gown. More recently, there was a snippet in the Daily Telegraph saying that the St John's people had complained to the police because he wasn't entitled to wear the medals. Just be careful who you allow to loosen your clothing if you need first aid.
:wink:
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

RickH wrote:

The one in Swallow's picture doesn't seems to have a rear V brake - there's nothing attached to the seat stays - so I assume it is discs front and rear.

Rick.

Your right. Must have changed over the last few years. The cafe at the North bank of the Greenwich foot tunnel is a favourite hang out for the forces which is where I see them. The London Ambulance Service have been doing this for quite a few years now. Here in Cambridge, St. Johns come down on these bikes when there is a big Rowing event on. They're are getting to places (like the river toe path) that motor vehicles just can't get to. Little read up on the London cycle responders here: http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/calli ... onder.aspx
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....