♫♪ Daisy, Daisy ♫♪

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

♫♪ Daisy, Daisy ♫♪

Post by thirdcrank »

I wonder if everybody else thought, as I did, that ♫♪ Daisy, Daisy ♫♪ was a song about a tandem

Recent research has made me think again:

Think yourself lucky you are not taking Mrs r2 out on one of these. The possibilities for matrimonial discord seem numerous. Having the male of the species doing all the pedalling may seem chivalrous when a young man's fancy lightly turns to two-up cycling, but when the theme tune is ♫♪ We've been together now for forty years ♫♪ it's a different matter. I suppose this sort of thing is why in those far off days, they had to have a lot more honouring and obeying, if only to keep the accident stats down.

I notice that in the top pic, the bell is on the lady's side. 'You have a tinkle dear and I'll have a pedal' (Or something like that. :wink: )

And if you think this is all stuck in the past have a look at this

This is a present day American model with position for dominant male* ( :?: ) on right. Strange pedal arrangement needed to achieve this. The owner seems to have decided security is unnecessary as nobody would nick it.

Note to Tandemist you might do better with one of these..................................

* Before anybody reports me to the mods, this is a gauche attempt to be funny
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Who does the steering? ........

Who has the brakes? ..... Wot? No brakes?

I notice the chain set's on HIS side!

Mick F. Cornwall
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

I notice the chain set's on HIS side!

Mick F. Cornwall[/quote]

Of course can't get the lady's skirts wrapped up in the chain now can we?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

There's only one place for the stoker and thats behind where she should be!
Mrs R2 sneaks up (from behind) deals deadly bl...............aaargh.

PS, yet another death on the internet.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

r2

I always wondered what they meant by a double clanger. That could be what you just dropped.

(Actually, although I know for certain that the second pic is of a wedding couple, I am not too sure about the first one. I think that could well be a case of a bit on the side.... :wink: ) Certainly not much stoking going on.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

thirdcrank wrote:r2

I always wondered what they meant by a double clanger. That could be what you just dropped.

It wasn't a clanger that was dropped,it was me!

thirdcrank wrote:. I think that could well be a case of a bit on the side.... :wink: ) .

But I think he'd rather have a case of brown ale!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

eileithyia wrote:I notice the chain set's on HIS side!

Mick F. Cornwall

Of course can't get the lady's skirts wrapped up in the chain now can we?[/quote]

Of course not,we don't want the females worrying their pretty heads about anything mechanical :0)