Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
JohnW

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by JohnW »

Bonefishblues wrote:Apropos of nothing, the bikes in this thread are so much more elegant than the ones in similar threads on other cycling forums.

Well of course.............. :D :D
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

My modernised 1984 Harry Hall.
TerryJones

Post by TerryJones »

005_opt (1).jpg
005_opt (1).jpg (40.09 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
Just finished building this. I am a big fan of hub gears and 'Midge' bars and both my bikes are equipped this way. However, the thread on the Sturmey Archer spindle has stripped, so this one won't be used until it is sorted. Any ideas on changing a spindle on a Sturmey 3 speed anyone?
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

TerryJones
Nice bike,I like the colour :) every time see Midge bars I have a think and come to the conclusion they'd be too wide and don't know if I'd get on with them :? They're a bit Marmitey :?
BTW where did you get the brown/tan outer cable from?

BigJim
I'm not usually a fan of red bikes but yours is an exception to that rule :) but I think it'd look nicer with black m/guards :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

reohn2 wrote:TerryJones
Nice bike,I like the colour :) every time see Midge bars I have a think and come to the conclusion they'd be too wide and don't know if I'd get on with them :? They're a bit Marmitey :?

BigJim
I'm not usually a fan of red bikes but yours is an exception to that rule :) but I think it'd look nicer with black m/guards :wink:

Totally agree. Those guards are what I had in the garage. I broke the rear one the other day and although it has been "fixed" with an elastic band I'll have to shell out for new ones which will be black, but I'm also considering no guards for that bike.
TerryJones

Post by TerryJones »

reohn2 wrote:TerryJones

BigJim

Outer cables bought on flea bay.
whoops

Post by whoops »

1977 RORY O'BRIEN of Romford, Essex
Attachments
IMG_1466.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG (34.62 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Last edited by whoops on 31 Aug 2014, 4:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

New here, so heres my steed

URL=http://s529.photobucket.com/user/dangermouse1964/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140831_133416_zpsc1c47105.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
maff1977

Post by maff1977 »

Here's mine on tour in Devon. I've made a few changes to it since then.
Attachments
Devon/ Cornwall border
Devon/ Cornwall border
Holdsworth Championship
Holdsworth Championship
Last edited by maff1977 on 2 Sep 2014, 1:50pm, edited 2 times in total.
SaintMatt

Post by SaintMatt »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409499256.987655.jpg
my trek hybrid in Guernsey last week.
SteveHunter

Post by SteveHunter »

Some excellent looking bikes in this thread. Some real classics here which unfortunately mine are not.

I have my road bike which has had a few upgrades since it came out of the shop. Now running almost fully 105 drive gear and Mavic Aksion wheels.

Then I have my Hybrid which is kitted up for commuting, yes I do have a lot of stuff I have to cart back and forth to work. I ride at night a lot hence why plenty of reflectiveness and 2 rear lights.

Brian73

Post by Brian73 »

Clumber Park, one of my regular jaunts

Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

whoops wrote:1977 RORY O'BRIEN of Romford, Essex

That gave me a great wallop of a flashback. Though I've lived in Lancashire for my entire adult life I grew up in Chadwell Heath and Rory O'Brien's shop was where I went for bits and drooled at the bikes. I'd forgotten all about them. Are they still in existence?
TerryJones

Post by TerryJones »

Colin63 wrote:
whoops wrote:1977 RORY O'BRIEN of Romford, Essex

That gave me a great wallop of a flashback. Though I've lived in Lancashire for my entire adult life I grew up in Chadwell Heath and Rory O'Brien's shop was where I went for bits and drooled at the bikes. I'd forgotten all about them. Are they still in existence?

The shop is no longer in existence. Just over 20 years ago it was taken over by 'John's of Romford', who sold motorbikes. The shop kept the name 'Rory O'Brien' and remained as a cycle shop, but the standard of items for sale plummeted, the customer service suffered and the shop closed just a short while after the takeover. I used to get all my cycling goodies from there, and knew the staff really well. Shame.
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Thorn Audax
Attachments
inbox 012.JPG