Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
deliquium

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by deliquium »

reohn2 wrote:Oh, North Wales! :)
Great photos,thanks :)

Finally cycled the route you recommended from Waun Fawr up and over/down to Llanberis via the other/rougher Bwlch Y Groes today. Spent at least half an hour taking photos - only to realise I'd left the camera's SD card at home! Also fell off and bashed my knee - there are some steep descents?! Then rode up the Llanberis Pass with one leg = NOT good. But all the way downhill back home from Pen Y Pass - apart from the track to 'Snowdon Towers'
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

deliquium wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Oh, North Wales! :)
Great photos,thanks :)

Finally cycled the route you recommended from Waun Fawr up and over/down to Llanberis via the other/rougher Bwlch Y Groes today. Spent at least half an hour taking photos - only to realise I'd left the camera's SD card at home! Also fell off and bashed my knee - there are some steep descents?! Then rode up the Llanberis Pass with one leg = NOT good. But all the way downhill back home from Pen Y Pass - apart from the track to 'Snowdon Towers'

SD absence ain't good,been there done that :? ,and Llanberis pass is one mean climb with one leg :shock: TBH for me it's one mean climb with two :shock:
How's the knee feeling?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Deliquium - nice pics - I see you've swapped your drops for flat bars (as I have with my '89 Raleigh Touriste) what sort are they? Look useful! :-)
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Slowroad wrote:Deliquium - nice pics - I see you've swapped your drops for flat bars (as I have with my '89 Raleigh Touriste) what sort are they? Look useful! :-)

Velo Orange 'Porteur' bars on the Longstaff, Stallard and Raleigh 'Avanti'.

http://www.veloduo.co.uk/collections/ha ... handlebars

The Raleigh 'Blueridge has upturned 'North Road' bars.

All of which suit me better than drop bars + I prefer the 'thumb shifter' gear lever arrangements :)
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

New toy!

Love the traditional look for a bike with up-to-date technology. But not a hydraulic line in sight!

Then there's this one - delightful for just trundling about and around town. Goes into my car boot as well. Just!

Last edited by rmurphy195 on 14 Oct 2017, 10:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
MockCyclist

Post by MockCyclist »

The condor is just the new toy that I'm seriously contemplating right now!

What's the fork? Is it the Condor steel alternative?
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

MockCyclist wrote:The condor is just the new toy that I'm seriously contemplating right now!

What's the fork? Is it the Condor steel alternative?

The fork is as supplied with the Heritage Disc frameset. I believe (though you might want to double-check with Condor) that the heritage disc has the steel fork, and the Fratello disc has a carbon one. If you send them an email with the query I've found them very helpful. Might be an idea to ask about availability at the same time! Still trying to figure out how I can remove the "Tange" label without damaging the paint ...

UPDATE - a couple of links

http://www.condorcycles.com/Audax-Commu ... e.tpl.html

http://www.condorcycles.com/Audax-Commu ... e.tpl.html
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

The flatties have been fitted. Claris flat bar shifters & levers solved the front derailleur and cantilever brake problems.
The Zoom handlebar had some interesting off centre cutting guides for those who like to shorten their bars and so after I noticed that and the following cut to sort it out, the handlebar is now a bit too short. Thanks to some stupidly designed tapering of the bar I can only slide the shift mounts so far and the grips have had to be cut down to allow fitting of the bar ends. So the grips are too short now too.
Other that that, the bike handles beautifully although I'm still getting used to it...specially round corners and turning.
20150924_120342-800x600.jpg
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
PH

Post by PH »

That looks a nicely set up bike Vantage, not dissimilar to something I'm rebuilding. What's going on with he front mudguard stay?
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

PH wrote:That looks a nicely set up bike Vantage, not dissimilar to something I'm rebuilding. What's going on with he front mudguard stay?

Thank you :D
I'd say it's just the angle of the photo...looks fine to me.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

SSCN5195.JPG

I just love the autumn when you get clear sunny days that are made for cycling.

Bianchi C2C Nirone 7 (alloy frame with carbon/kevlar forks) with Campagnolo Centaur compact group set and Campagnolo Proton wheels. FSA compact 'bar and FSA stem plus Fizik saddle
hercule

Post by hercule »

rmurphy195 wrote:

My Brompton S6L only just fitted in my Mk 2.5 MX-5. I had to be very careful about where I placed it or there were nasty crunching sounds from the boot lid. :shock: I could also fit the back half of a Moulton in the boot, though not at the same time... The front half got belted into the passenger seat/footwell.

Still got the Brompton, sadly the Mazda moved on for something more able to transport bikes (and dogs).
leftpoole

Condor Fratello

Post by leftpoole »

161462191.s3heTCWd.jpg

Condor Fratello 2015 Columbus tubing.
hujev

1984 Trek 830 frankenbike!

Post by hujev »

Here's a photo of my 'most favo(u)ritest' bike, a 1984 Trek 830 frankenbike. More about it here (and more pictures):
http://rjl.us/velo/trek830-1.htm
, but it's just the best to ride!

This was taken a week and a half ago when I was down in Ishpeming (Michigan's Upper Peninsula) and had just finished a month-long bike tour (I live in Alaska)! Now I am back in Alaska and miss my bike as usual since I store it back in Ishpeming...

The bike I toured on is a surly lht; will have to find the 'Pictures of your /loaded tour/ bike(s)' thread to post that one...
Attachments
Richard A Thackeray

Post by Richard A Thackeray »

This is my regular ride; Commuter/training/general purpose/'everything'

Tiagra groupset
Vision 'Team 30' wheels

My 50th birthday present (last month)
Still needs the steerer-tube cutting down

Yorkshire Born & Bred. And, Proud Of It