Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
leftpoole

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by leftpoole »

Condor Fratello
Attachments
154956193.MsyXVwAs.myBikes001.JPG
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I think that would look better in a bright colour - say orange :wink:
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Bonefishblues wrote:I think that would look better in a bright colour - say orange :wink:

Nah..........the colour shown is Slate and unlike the Orange, will possibly not look dated in the future?
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

leftpoole wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:I think that would look better in a bright colour - say orange :wink:

Nah..........the colour shown is Slate and unlike the Orange, will possibly not look dated in the future?
John

That's me told :lol: Lovely bike BTW, I work just down the road from the shop but daren't venture in very often for fear of serious financial consequences!
cnb

Post by cnb »

Nice bike..I was looking at some Condor bikes in Cycle Heaven..Lovely machines..If i didn't have my heart set on the Disc Trucker i would have been tempted...
whoops

Post by whoops »

Rory O'Brien. An East London now defunct clubman's shop.
Attachments
IMG_1466 (616x346).jpg
chadders

Post by chadders »

My commuter, second hand Dawes Backstreet. Never seen another, and I'm guessing early 90s. It's a really comfortable bike that can rocket along nicely. Nice sturdy Reynolds 501 frame. Will be replacing those cantilever brakes with V-Brakes very shortly! (bad picture, apologies!)
Attachments
001.jpg
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

chadders wrote:My commuter, second hand Dawes Backstreet. Never seen another, and I'm guessing early 90s. It's a really comfortable bike that can rocket along nicely. Nice sturdy Reynolds 501 frame. Will be replacing those cantilever brakes with V-Brakes very shortly! (bad picture, apologies!)

Just a word of warning.
"V brakes" require a different cable pull than Canti's. This does not mean they wont work, just they may need setting very close to the rim to be effective with the current brake levers.
I was quite disappointed when I converted my MTB to V brakes, including the proper levers, as they didn't seem any better than the canti's they replaced.
Canti's, if set up properly, can be very good.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
chadders

Post by chadders »

cycleruk wrote:I was quite disappointed when I converted my MTB to V brakes, including the proper levers, as they didn't seem any better than the canti's they replaced.
Canti's, if set up properly, can be very good.

Thanks for the tip. I was planning on switching out the levers to the correct ones as well, but noting your advice I won't bother rushing to do this!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Bike now in a good rideable state.

1975DawesG.jpg

Carradice bar bag and "slim" SQR bag not fitted.
Need to tidy up the toggle chain cables - currently looped and taped (red tape, so I remember)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
breakwellmz

Post by breakwellmz »

I ran mine under the bottom bracket over a standard guide, and through a piece plastic sleeve at the chainstay cable stop.No outer needed at all.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77001&hilit=sturmey&start=15
Attachments
Cable SA.jpg
Cable SA.jpg (37.21 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I have outers from the stops on the down tube to the clamp on chainstay stop on each side.
It's nicely "inside" the bike that way, I haven't considered moving them around yet - depends on the chainstay stops probably.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
theking54

Post by theking54 »

080__1412789442_59347__1412789442_37311.jpg
.Mercian respayed in Gunmetal grey.
093__1412789240_88281__1412789240_95321.jpg
My keep fit bike.Sensa Lombardia Special
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Thorn Audax in Gunmetal 'Imron' paint.
Attachments