Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
cjchambers

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by cjchambers »

Nice bike, gaz. Reminds me a bit of my Raleigh Pioneer, perfect geometry for an all purpose bike. Similar story too - it sat in the back of a garage collecting dust for the first 20 years of its life and has done >5,000 miles every year since I bought it! Still running those jockey wheels you sent me in 2010, by the way - thanks :D
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

Gaz, after studying your pic', I'm convinced that it is indeed the same frame as the 4130 chromo framed Pioneer's. I have one (a 98 model) and the frame looks identical. Out of the same factory no doubt. This was way before 29ers and gravel bikes became fashionable ofcourse. Not much new under the sun is there? :D
cjchambers

Post by cjchambers »

pioneer wrote:Gaz, after studying your pic', I'm convinced that it is indeed the same frame as the 4130 chromo framed Pioneer's. I have one (a 98 model) and the frame looks identical

I think yours is essentially identical to mine, Pioneer. I got it in 2008 and have always just guessed the age, so maybe my '20 years in the back of a garage' estimate in the previous comment was more like 10!

For comparison, this was mine on the day I bought it (Before I set about 'improving' it!):
3704856673_82f67d23a6.jpg

Gaz' bike:
DSCN0857.JPG
DSCN0857.JPG (33.56 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
gaz

Post by gaz »

Job done.

DSCN0869.JPG

From the date code on the Shimano rear mech it's a '98 model. Big Brother's a '97, Reynolds Cr-Mo Main Tubes. On this one the frame sticker states "Special Select Cr-Mo Main Tubes", or it did until I took it off.

I still need to trim the cables down a little but it will do for now as I'm tempted to fit a new stem and use some better bars that are hanging in the garage. Longer stays will be required to get the rear carrier level, not urgent. I might also treat myself to a Spa Nidd, I can see this bike being ridden more than it's Big Brother was.

Edit - First commute today, great bike :D .
Last edited by gaz on 11 May 2015, 9:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
whoops

Post by whoops »

Rivetts 1952.
Attachments
IMG_1538__1431267693_11344__1431267693_75149.gif
IMG_1538__1431267693_11344__1431267693_75149.gif (21.23 KiB) Viewed 4149 times
Sailing7

Post by Sailing7 »

New commuter, Cannondale Super X carbon fibre frame & forks, SRAM Rival hydraulic road disc brakes, 38mm Compass Barlow Pass tyres, Portland Design Works 45mm aluminium mudguards with lots of clearance and of course Busch & Meuller mirror - couldn't ride on our roads without it
New commuter front.JPG
New commuter rear.JPG
Rides fast and comfortable!
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

1987 Raleigh 'Avanti' before and after

MORE PHOTOS
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

One can only say "WOW".
fausto.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

fausto copy wrote:One can only say "WOW".
fausto.

Yep,it's a stunner all right and I'm sure it rides as well as it looks too :) .
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Another laid back steed - 1948 Percy Thornley Stallard 'Montlhéry' frame and forks made from Accles & Pollock Kromo SAQ tubing with Nervex Model 45/159 lugs, a Nervex Nozzle Cut No. 158 seat lug and an Ekla 'D' fork crown. All components modern apart from original headset. A dream ride - by far the most comfortable bike I have ever cycled :D Would love to get a 23" version

MORE PHOTOS
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

reohn2 wrote:
fausto copy wrote:One can only say "WOW".
fausto.

Yep,it's a stunner all right and I'm sure it rides as well as it looks too :) .

Yep, it's a very comfortable and satisfying shopping and trailer towing bike :D
Current pedalable joys

ste57

Post by ste57 »

This is my scott voltage yz1, front suspension forks replaced with solid aluminium forks, all bearings replaced, brakes refurbished, new cassette, chain, BB, front derailleur and schwalbe road tyres to replace the knobblys, the saddle is a Charge Spoon which replaced the original moulded saddle. Currently waiting for the arrival of a brand new crankset to complete the build.
The bike rides nicely and with the 24 speed gearing it is ideal for the hilly terrain here in the Pennines.
I'm not sure if i should describe it as a mtb or a hybrid now?

bikerwaser

Post by bikerwaser »

Yesterday was our 3rd year anniversary.
13,000 miles later and lots of happy times.
more to come no doubt.

Thorn Sherpa

Such a good bike !
Attachments
12,000 miles later
12,000 miles later
Sherpa and me small 2.jpg (8.17 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
When we first met
When we first met
Sherpa and me small.jpg (20.46 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

you certainly look healthier in the 3rd year anniversary pic Bikerwaser!! Long live 'Bridge over the River Kwai.'

Obviously the bike's having a good effect, where's the beach? I'd guess at La Rochelle or thereabouts...???

All the best, Simon
bikerwaser

Post by bikerwaser »

SimonCelsa wrote:you certainly look healthier in the 3rd year anniversary pic Bikerwaser!! Long live 'Bridge over the River Kwai.'

Obviously the bike's having a good effect, where's the beach? I'd guess at La Rochelle or thereabouts...???

All the best, Simon

Thanks Simon.
You're not far out. It at St Jean de Mont

More info of the trip i did is on my blog:

http://biker-waser.blogspot.co.uk/searc ... -results=4

Cheers !

Waser