Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
rjb

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by rjb »

whoops wrote:Rory O'Brien. An East London now defunct clubman's shop.

Nice traditional bike. A fiend of mine recently deceased used to work in Rory O'Briens. He worked there straight from school starting in about 1960. He moved to somerset and in his later years ran a small cycle repair shop from his house. I was visiting him on one occasion and he was extremely excited - he had had a bike in for a service and he told me he thought he recognised it. On stripping out the bottom bracket there inside was his calling card - a small piece of cardboard cut to fit around the bottom bracket to stop debris falling down the seat tube into the bearings - still with his name written on it. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
ianpallen

Post by ianpallen »

I bought these bikes off my mate and gave the one on the right to my son. He loves riding his. i used his the other night and didnt like hte ride position on it. I prefer my bike more and think it is more comfortable to ride.
After riding my sons at night, I dont like the dynamo light on the front and think I will remove my one for a battery torch light. With the dynamo, I could not see anything until someone was near the bike and it lit his face up. I am going to have to wire a 6v battery up to it and check the beam on it.
Nickeveson

Post by Nickeveson »

image.jpg
Here is my Dawes Red Feather. Never seen another
Daz393

Post by Daz393 »

10986912_10205422108808739_7469453670559825751_n.jpg

Here is my first real road bike for nearly 30 years! I last rode when I was 16 when I had a Puch Cavalier. I rode that to within an inch of it's life, and it still done me proud until I eventually sold it on. I used to do about 100 miles every week, to and from work and a 40 mile Sunday jaunt with friends to the Tilbury fort, and to either Canvey Island or Southend (Essex boy).

Anyways, my new bike is a Trek 1.5 2014, bought before Christmas with the intention of doing the 25 mile round route to work at least by spring time. However due to snapped tendons in my arm, I have only had one 7 mile road ride, and an 8 mile track ride so far. I've also bought a turbo trainer which I done a cheeky 5 miles on as soon as I got it home and set up.
My wife bought me a Garmin Edge 500 so I added the speed/cadence sensor also. Front headlight is a 4 CREE LED jobby from the Bay of E and it is super bright running from 4 of those bigger than AA sized batteries (sorry forgot what the type is, lol) I have a Halfords set of front and rear LEDs and another rear LED unit, so I have 2 front and rear. The big headlight I used on my Kona MTB in the local forest, and even on half power I could see 50 meters ahead!
I hope to get back into shape, and get a few sportives under my belt this year, nothing mad, just to ride to a fairly respectable level.

Kind regards
Daz
Don't believe everything you read on the internet - Albert Einstein
Si

Post by Si »

That's a smart looking bike, Daz. Hope that your arm heals up OK for the good weather so that you can put some miles on it.
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

Route 1 cafe 5.jpg

My new Genesis Equlibrium Ti disc. Saddle now changed for my trusty Brooks, lights fitted and a saddle bag carrier and Carradice bag. All ready for this years Audax rides. :D
swagman

Post by swagman »

Genesis Croix der Fer 2015
Attachments
100_3359.JPG
gary_m_85

Post by gary_m_85 »

Bianchi Kuma 27.1
Bianchi Kuma 27.1
IMG_20150314_105126.jpg (35.22 KiB) Viewed 3872 times

Above is my Bianchi Kuma 27.1 MTB.

Specialized Diverge A1
Specialized Diverge A1
IMG_20150404_093121.jpg (23.37 KiB) Viewed 3872 times

And here is my Specialized Diverge A1. My first Road Bike and I'm loving it... though I need to get SPD's, I've quickly come to the realisation, I need better pedal/shoe interface!
aflook

Post by aflook »

Here's the one that got away - stolen last month. Made-to-measure Edison Cycles 853; many a happy mile and memory.
Attachments
Edison.jpg
aflook

Post by aflook »

And here's the one that replaced it..... Condor Heritage frameset, no long rides yet...
Attachments
condorH.jpg
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

The fourth iteration of my '58 Carlton Super Python, it's all non period as I wanted looks AND functionality plus brakes that actually stop you from 30mph without breaking into a sweat 8) ;

Red S non aero levers on ITM Europa bars, modern ITM embossed bar tape
NOS 90mm ITM stem,
NOS Fluted ITM post, unbranded Italian saddle
Sansin high flange hubbed wheels with 27" hookless 'clincher' rims, they'll hold about 75psi with my weight, much above that and they run the risk of the tyres popping off (the rear did at 90psi luckily I was testing it out just around the loop road around the estate :oops: )
Michelin Select 27 x 1 1/8 tyres
Regina 14-24 5 speed freewheel
Stronglight 99 BIS, 86mm BCD with 50/36 rings (you can have a super compact down to a 28 or even run it as a triple)
Shimano HG93 chain (though I do have a lovely stainless steel Sedis that might work its way on at some point)
Olimpic platform pedals with Christophe clips, Spanish made similar to Campag record and share the same clip style with a single longitudanal slot, these were fitted on Raleigh Record Sprints of the early 90s, one of the reasons I sought some out as I used them with huge success on my first 'proper' bike :)
mid 70s Dura Ace derailleurs
Suntour power shifters (band on)
Shimano A-550 long drop dual pivot brake calipers
AFA pump
Bottle cage clamps are old style with a felt lining to protect the paintwork.

This is an easy ride, the wheels are not ideal as the dropouts were widened before I bought it about 9 years ago so it actually takes 130mm modern wheels as well. I'm hoping to get some Campagnolo high flange hubs with the correct length axle so I can get some really nice handbuilts that I can ride this with some vigour.
Original chainset was a Williams with crazy big rings, something like 58/46 with a helical bottom bracket screw on threading

Swallow

Post by Swallow »

I love this bike, beautiful
'Kernow bys Vyken'
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Assuming Swallow is referring to Tonyf's Carlton..................love is a bit strong, but hey, what a beauty.
loafer

Post by loafer »

got bike back on Saturday :D upgraded the tourer ready for my JOGLE went for the full works :D was 44-34-22 / 13-15-17-20-23-26-30 changed now too 44-34-22/ 11-13-15-17-19-21-23-25-28 32 (old legs need a bit help) :lol: 105 shifters/front mech and rear mech xt deore chainset and chain and mavic wheels A139 deore hubs 36 spoked f/r .. still tweaking her back how she was ...but rides like a dream :D :D :D

gaz

Post by gaz »

A little over four years since my last n+1. This is the same model, a Claud Butler Legend. Perhaps a year or two later off of the production line. Shows little sign of use.

DSCN0857.JPG

I've bought it for the frame, the one on my current commuter is a little too big, this one's damn near perfect. I'll make a start on transferring components between the two.

I should end up with a bike's worth of spares :wink: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade