Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Bonefishblues

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oops, another bike just arrived, wonder how that happened?

Perhaps it was just to keep Mrs BFB's Whyte company :wink:

NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Wait till you see what I am planning at Xmas :mrgreen:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
hercule

Post by hercule »

I've just recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the neck, which has served to explain why riding my drop-bar bikes has been so painful over the last few years. I almost unconsciously switched to riding recumbents, but there have been a lot of times where the relative anonymity of an upright would have been appreciated.

So I set about tinkering in the garage with various bits and pieces and this is what I came up with...

The frame is a Tange double butted "winter training frame" from SJSC maybe 15 years old and has suffered a bit from neglect with a fair bit of rust round the BB. The flat backswept bars were nicked from one of my recumbents (temporarily). The only bling is a pair of Dura Ace 7 speed indexed shifters. Up until a couple of weeks ago it was my winter/nasty weather bike but hadn't ridden it for several years because the bars were too low and too far away - the frame has a substantially longer top tube than my other bikes despite the same seat tube length.

Initial impressions are good: I can look behind again and I don't finish a ride feeling crippled. I think I might need to move the shifters up to the bars though, and a more upright position and 90psi in the tyres suggests a Thudbuster might be in order to cushion the shock a bit. I think maybe I will need to get round to replacing the frame and a Surly Pacer or Cross Check looks interesting... That said, it would be a lot cheaper just to make the same conversion to my other drop bar bikes!
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

Hello Harry,

if you're watching here's a quick snap of your old BG still going strong......sorry about the stem but it's easier on my back!! I'm slowly changing all the Campag bits but will retain them for posterity.

She's up for a new set of wheels when I get home (well a good 2nd hand set recently purchased off here - Open Pro on Ultegra hubs) & a 9 speed cassette to replace the 6 speed maillard fitted. I will retain the DT shifters. Happy days.

Can't wait to get off this ship, looks like late February....

All the best, Simon

Bob.jpg
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

SimonCelsa wrote:.................I will retain the DT shifters....................................

All the best, Simon

Bob.jpg

Attaboy Simon.
freiston

Post by freiston »

If this post is inappropriate for this topic, let me know and I'll put it somewhere else...
...not my bike but from the picture I've just used to create my avatar - does anyone remember these bikes (quads?) for hire at the seaside? I'm the ginger one :P

Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
"Bonefishblues" Interesting.
Just scrapped this for parts £ 7, Also the six foot tall radiator was £ 3.
Attachments
100_1437_a.jpg
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
lostonthetrails

Post by lostonthetrails »

Hi all, I am fairly new here and I thought I would share my bikes.

I hope you enjoy.

ImageUntitled by Simon Kirk, on Flickr

ImageDSC00048 by Simon Kirk, on Flickr
Home is where the bivvy is.

Genesis Croix De Fer 20 / Genesis Caribou
satkin55

Post by satkin55 »

freiston wrote:If this post is inappropriate for this topic, let me know and I'll put it somewhere else...
...not my bike but from the picture I've just used to create my avatar - does anyone remember these bikes (quads?) for hire at the seaside? I'm the ginger one :P

We hired a 4 seat one last year in Santa Barbara, CA and took it along the seafront. So they're still about.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

freiston wrote:If this post is inappropriate for this topic, let me know and I'll put it somewhere else...

I've seen them at campsites in Denmark. Last year, when we were there, I hired a similar one with my children. Ours had 3 seats (one behind the others) and steering wheels instead of handlebars, but was otherwise similar. There were a couple with bench seats, that looked more like that in the photo. There were also some with 4 seats (two with pedals), and one with bench seats and a big box behind.

I saw similar things in other camping places.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
freiston

Post by freiston »

satkin55 wrote:We hired a 4 seat one last year in Santa Barbara, CA and took it along the seafront. So they're still about.

Vorpal wrote:I've seen them at campsites in Denmark. Last year, when we were there, I hired a similar one with my children. Ours had 3 seats (one behind the others) and steering wheels instead of handlebars, but was otherwise similar. There were a couple with bench seats, that looked more like that in the photo. There were also some with 4 seats (two with pedals), and one with bench seats and a big box behind.

I saw similar things in other camping places.

My picture was no-where near as exotic - somewhere on the Lincolnshire coast (I'm from there originally) - most likely Mablethorpe or Ingoldmells in the early '70s.
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

lostonthetrails wrote:Hi all, I am fairly new here and I thought I would share my bikes.

I hope you enjoy.

Is that your bike shop too? :D
gwcycling

Post by gwcycling »

peugeot bike.JPG

This is my project Bike, need some TLC to bring it back to life.
My Main Bike: Azzurri Forza Pro Di2
My Project Bike: Peugeot Racing Club 1988
lostonthetrails

Post by lostonthetrails »

Bmblbzzz wrote:
lostonthetrails wrote:Hi all, I am fairly new here and I thought I would share my bikes.

I hope you enjoy.

Is that your bike shop too? :D

No, but I do work there :D
Home is where the bivvy is.

Genesis Croix De Fer 20 / Genesis Caribou
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Well here she is!

ImageRaleigh front by William McFadden, on Flickr

ImageRaleigh side by William McFadden, on Flickr

ImageRaleigh rear by William McFadden, on Flickr
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.