togglechaintour bikes

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
MikewsMITH2

Re: togglechaintour bikes

Post by MikewsMITH2 »

please can we have a closer pic of the seattube decal?

also, what do you mean you did the decals?

The seat tube decal is the same as my avatar. I saw it on a bike Flickr and asked the member to send me a hi res photo. I then Photoshopped it extensively as the original logo was in poor condition. The decals are printed on to adhesive vinyl stock (white in this case) with an inkjet printer and overcoated with 3 coats of Plastikote clear. they are then cut out and stuck to the bike and clearcoated again. They seem to last quite well, although I doubt they''d stand pressure washing. If they get tired its an easy job to reprint them.

I also have the standard 70's "Raleigh" downtube lettering and the Raleigh Heron I am happy to share. Or if you want a decal making, I'm happy to print you one off, if you can let me know what size you want
S.O.S - Save Our Steel!
1971 Raleigh Mercury
2010 Condor Fratello
1980 Peugeot Tandem
1989 MBK Aventure MTB
195? Viking Severn Valley
1951 Raleigh Lenton Sports
See them here http://tinyurl.com/Mikewsmiths-Bikes
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

MikewsMITH2 wrote: I'm happy to print you one off, if you can let me know what size you want

really? i'd love some. i'm off to take a picture now of some 50's lettering. :mrgreen:
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Seems like I'll have to do sumfink a bit different to stand out amongst all those shiny machines. How about a change of colour for the Pedersen? Here it is on it's maiden voyage...... I must say that I much prefer the green to its original in-yer-face blue.

Still considering whether to fit some sort of bag support or a rear carrier. A carrier would be the easiest option because there's nowt to fasten a bag support to :roll:
I've fitted a 20 tooth cog at the rear instead of the 24, so it is now much more relaxed and cruises happily at 16-17mph (providing the wind's in the right direction :lol: )
My patent design of lamp bracket and stove holder also conceals an aluminium tube - for a supply of calcium carbide - what else? Any additional water supply for the lamp would have to be passed by the management - as in days of yore :wink:

It looks like you've really set the ball rolling for this get-together, Graham. Well done :P
PS If you want to add this pic to your site, feel free.
Steve
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Wow Steve, it looks HEAPS better in green :D I liked the blue, but there's just no competition. It looks somehow much more gentlemanly now 8)
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

steve, i'm speachless. it's beautiful, really beautiful. i was wrong about keeping it blue

you've upped the bar so high, none can compete :evil: :lol:

i may as well just get an 80's caprice from the bottom of the canal and come along on that :roll:

tell us about the brass cooker, is it to produce heat under a cape as you ride along, as well as making obscure & ancient rice based puds at a campsite? 8)
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

MikewsMITH2 wrote:if you want a decal making, I'm happy to print you one off, if you can let me know what size you want

i'd love your avatar in lime green, and can do anything with this pic?

hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

what's the consensus on these?
http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/p ... ts_id=9760

seems odd yo have direct drive at the beginning and not the middle.
i suppose it needs some strange combination of chainwheel & sprocket.?

yes, i've just plugged 48/18 into sheldons calculator and come up with 72-220" :shock: :lol:
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

hubgearfreak wrote:what's the consensus on these?
http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/p ... ts_id=9760

seems odd yo have direct drive at the beginning and not the middle.
i suppose it needs some strange combination of chainwheel & sprocket.?

yes, i've just plugged 48/18 into sheldons calculator and come up with 72-220" :shock: :lol:

Never seen one, looks very interesting though. 8)
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

hubgearfreak wrote:tell us about the brass cooker, is it to produce heat under a cape as you ride along, as well as making obscure & ancient rice based puds at a campsite? 8)

Ah. You noticed the Carradice Duxback cape in its roll then. I wore it to show the kids when it arrived. One screamed as she thought the Grim Reaper had popped in for tea. The other immediately labelled me as some sort of pervert :oops: Perhaps if I'm a long way from home in an area where nobody knows me, I'll wear it again. :cry:
I've tried the Cremola recipe mentioned earlier - it does work :P I'll need to perfect it on the Primus though :roll:

Thanks for the kind comments.

In the meantime I'm waiting for my birthday at the weekend as I understand that I'm getting some Brooks leather bartape and some different inverted brake levers for the Guvnor :lol:
September can't come soon enough - nothing to do with retirement on the 31st August though :wink:

Steve
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Greybeard wrote:September can't come soon enough - nothing to do with retirement on the 31st August though :wink:

Some people just have jam on 'em :roll:

S'cancelled, sorry, s'cancelled :evil:
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

GrahamNR17 wrote:S'cancelled, sorry, s'cancelled :evil:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I'll organise one myself then :P

Steve
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

Greybeard wrote:Ah. You noticed the Carradice Duxback cape in its roll then

no i didn't, but the idea of a warm draught to one's wedding tackle on a cold day is tempting :lol:

we demand photos. not of aformentioned tackle, but of you in your cape on your ped 8)
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

hubgearfreak wrote: i've just plugged 48/18 into sheldons calculator and come up with 72-220" :shock: :lol:
GrahamNR17 wrote:Never seen one, looks very interesting though. 8)

OK, it's better with a theoreticall 22/22, or similar 1:1 (giving 27-82"), but wouldn't that look very odd on any normalish looking bike :?: :shock:
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

hubgearfreak wrote:
hubgearfreak wrote: i've just plugged 48/18 into sheldons calculator and come up with 72-220" :shock: :lol:
GrahamNR17 wrote:Never seen one, looks very interesting though. 8)

OK, it's better with a theoreticall 22/22, or similar 1:1 (giving 27-82"), but wouldn't that look very odd on any normalish looking bike :?: :shock:

Normalish looking bikes are over-rated :wink:
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

hubgearfreak wrote:we demand photos. not of aformentioned tackle, but of you in your cape on your ped 8)

Some things are better left to the imagination :?

Steve