Refreshed and Energised Labour Party

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Flinders

Re: Refreshed and Energised Labour Party

Post by Flinders »

reohn2 wrote:
bovlomov wrote:
TonyR wrote:Which is a long way of saying I don't think we'll know for a year or so into the new leader's term how good a PM they would make and whether they are electable.
I agree

Me too.
- though many others (including one or two former Labour leaders) claim to know exactly what will happen.

Ain't that the truth :?

Exactly.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Fear is a strange emotion it would seem.
And it's not just past Nude Labour leaders,Tories are running scared IMHO.
I don't think either know how to deal with the truth when faced with it :? :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

It's interesting to see that Corbyn's emergence has begun to shift the debate on quite a few things already.
It's a pity that some of the Labout party still seems keener on fighting him than fighting the tories, though.
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

reohn2 wrote:Fear is a strange emotion it would seem.
I don't think either know how to deal with the truth when faced with it :? :wink:

Truth is not their speciality subject, to be fair.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Flinders wrote:

Truth is not their speciality subject, to be fair.

That's fair comment :wink:

It's interesting to see that Corbyn's emergence has begun to shift the debate on quite a few things already.
It's a pity that some of the Labout party still seems keener on fighting him than fighting the tories, though.

They'd be fighting themselves if that were the case :wink:
W H Auden
blackbike

Post by blackbike »

The Corbyn campaign goes from strength to strength.

Hamas have said kind things about him now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... flict.html
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Flinders wrote:It's interesting to see that Corbyn's emergence has begun to shift the debate on quite a few things already.

Its what I was hoping for. For years now Labour have been an ineffectual opposition. I hope the Labour Conference produces some sensible policies. From what I have read Corbyn isnt stupid and the anti NATO anti Trident stuff is going to be dropped. Thats what made Kinnock totally unelectable and if retained it would make Corbyn unelectable too. I like his willingness to at least talk to anyone although that didnt do B Liar any good. There is plenty to critisise in his past but its what he does not what he did that counts now. The Tories will try to destroy him, I hope they dont. I like conviction and he has that in spades.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Not sure why you would think that. The Tories are riding high in the polls right now - Tories 42%, Labour 28% and voting intention polls show no evidence that Corbyn would change that. I suspect that far from running scared, they are cock-a-hoop at the moment and enjoying a little bit of mischief making.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

al_yrpal wrote:From what I have read Corbyn isnt stupid and the anti NATO anti Trident stuff is going to be dropped.

Wouldn't that make him just like all the other politicians - policy based on what will be popular rather than what he believes?
irc

Post by irc »

TonyR wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:From what I have read Corbyn isnt stupid and the anti NATO anti Trident stuff is going to be dropped.

Wouldn't that make him just like all the other politicians - policy based on what will be popular rather than what he believes?

No, he's a conviction politician. If he believes he needs to drop a policy or two to gain power he'll do it.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

irc wrote:
TonyR wrote:

No, he's a conviction politician. If he believes he needs to drop a policy or two to gain power he'll do it.

Just like all the others then.
irc

Post by irc »

TonyR wrote:[Just like all the others then.

Yes. Forgot my :-) at the end.
Last edited by irc on 4 Sep 2015, 11:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

TonyR wrote:

Not sure why you would think that. The Tories are riding high in the polls right now - Tories 42%, Labour 28% and voting intention polls show no evidence that Corbyn would change that. I suspect that far from running scared, they are cock-a-hoop at the moment and enjoying a little bit of mischief making.

There's a lot of daylight between now and the next election,this bunch know a threat when they see it.
W H Auden
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

reohn2 wrote:There's a lot of daylight between now and the next election,this bunch know a threat when they see it.

So why are loads of Tories signing up so they can help vote him in?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

TonyR wrote:
reohn2 wrote:There's a lot of daylight between now and the next election,this bunch know a threat when they see it.

So why are loads of Tories signing up so they can help vote him in?

How many are loads?

Many people fall into the trap of thinking one Tory is the same as the next and the one thinks like any other.
It's the same in the Nude Labour party.
Last edited by reohn2 on 5 Sep 2015, 8:44am, edited 1 time in total.
W H Auden