Merry Christmas!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
hondated

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by hondated »

Happy Christmas to everyone and thanks also to everyone for your help and advice in 2014.
Get well soon ma spinner as well
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

Wishing everybody a very Merry Christmas I hope you all enjoy the day.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
eileithyia

Merry Christmas..

Post by eileithyia »

...to you all...... just what a girl needs; panniers, chamois cream, 'ride like a girl' hoodie, rapha bag....... now 12 hour shift, stay safe and be kind to workers today, it's their christmas also.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
reohn2

Re: Merry Christmas..

Post by reohn2 »

Merry Christmas to everyone,have a gud 'un :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Off for a nice long walk this morning. Then Christmas dinner at my sons. :D

Very Merry Christmas to everybody especially anyone alone.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hiya Guys!
Have a wonderful Christmas! :D

Just come back from Christmas morning ride. Chilly and sunny, bright and cheerful.
I took a couple of photos.
First one is from a seasonal lane near here. I like the tinsel!
Christmas Lane.jpg

Second is the view east from the top of Kit Hill Country Park with Dartmoor in the distance.
Christmas View.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

* * * *Merry Christamas to all. * * * *

You'll never know if you don't try it.
RodWatts

Post by RodWatts »

A happy Christmas to all CTC riders especially to all the lovely people I've met on the road this year and passed a few moments with chatting about bikes, life, the universe and everything.

Best wishes
Rod
I'm not lost, I'm just exploring!
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Colin63 wrote:A very happy Christmas to everyone. Have a wonderful holiday wherever you are. If you're with family or other loved ones treasure the time you spend with them, and if you're alone... well, that's what bicycles are for!

Love to all

Colin

I hope you had a good ride Colin - one of the best cycling days we've had in these parts for a couple of weeks - at least...........these parts being Halifax. It's dark now, so you'll probably be home.

Where did you ride? Hest Bank is one of my favourite day rides - when the days are longer. I come through Wray, and onto (what I call) the main road (A683 I think) at Hornby, and then I get onto the cyclepath as soon as I can and come off it at Crook-O'-Lune, through Halton and over the M6 - I dine at the café on the sea-side of the railway.........you'll know it I'm sure.

I sometimes get onto the towpath to come home, and down the precarious staircase on the south side of the aqueduct, to get down onto the old railway track again.

Today, we were the opposite of you and we had a house-full and I wasn't able to get out on the wheels today.

Happy Boxing Day Colin.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

JohnW wrote:I hope you had a good ride Colin - one of the best cycling days we've had in these parts for a couple of weeks - at least...........these parts being Halifax. It's dark now, so you'll probably be home.

Where did you ride? Hest Bank is one of my favourite day rides - when the days are longer. I come through Wray, and onto (what I call) the main road (A683 I think) at Hornby, and then I get onto the cyclepath as soon as I can and come off it at Crook-O'-Lune, through Halton and over the M6 - I dine at the café on the sea-side of the railway.........you'll know it I'm sure.
Happy Boxing Day Colin.

JohnW - That's a good ride from Halifax to Hest bank. Got to be a 100 miler round trip.

I hope to get out on Boxing day but nothing like that. 40 will do me if the weather is kind.?
Merry Christmas.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

cycleruk wrote:.............JohnW - That's a good ride from Halifax to Hest bank. Got to be a 100 miler round trip.

I hope to get out on Boxing day but nothing like that. 40 will do me if the weather is kind.?
Merry Christmas.

It's about 135 - 140 miles round trip, depending upon the route I take. I have a few quiet routes in my itinery for this ride.

I may get out tomorrow, but with all the domestic happenings I'm tired out - there's always so much to do at this time of year.