CPP

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
TrevA

CPP

Post by TrevA »

Had a letter from CPP about being mis-sold Card Protection in February. I did eventually get around to filling in the claim form, stating that I'd been mis-led because they hadn't told me about all the ins and outs of the scheme. I sent the form off in August, just before the deadline, and thought no more about it.

This morning I received a cheque for £315! £258 returned premiums and the rest is interest. Result or what?

Now what to spend the money on? A new touring frame, new wheels or something else?
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
bikepacker

Re: CPP

Post by bikepacker »

I had mine for £168, came last week.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Well done guys! :D
Christmas coming early?

It did here!

We claimed that our Council Tax banding was too high, and won. 17years worth of paying Band C when we should have been Band B.
Mick F wrote:Cornwall Council have since written to us, and they've backdated the reduction to 1997 when we moved here. They've sent us a "bill" for zero Council Tax for the rest of this year up to April 2015, plus a cheque for over £1,000 :D :D :D

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=86280&start=0
Mick F. Cornwall
garybaldy

Post by garybaldy »

I don't believe anyone has ever been mis sold CPP. (or anything else, for that matter). If people are stupid enough to sign an agreement without first reading and understanding it then who's fault is that? All that has happened is to bolster the earnings of the firms that chase these things, and put up the costs for everyone else who didn't fall for it.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I never signed anything. All done over the phone when I took out a new credit card (that you have to ring up to activate - why? so they can pressure you into buying "protection") Then it's quite easy for them to mention the benefits and not mention the downsides or exclusions. Also, I only dealt with CPP themselves and not an intermediary.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

garybaldy wrote:I don't believe anyone has ever been mis sold CPP. (or anything else, for that matter). If people are stupid enough to sign an agreement without first reading and understanding it then who's fault is that? All that has happened is to bolster the earnings of the firms that chase these things, and put up the costs for everyone else who didn't fall for it.

Obviously you do not know how CPP worked. As TrevA says nothing was ever signed.
wirral_cyclist

Post by wirral_cyclist »

Just ask "Is this call recorded by you (and me is optional)" - then ask "Is this a commission product?). Simples
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

Again you are jumping to conclusions.

Over 16 years ago I was away in the USA doing some work and my then secretary got my new credit card from the bank. It came with instructions to phone up to activate. She did this on my behalf explaining I was out of the country. She was then told I had to have this cover before I could use the card abroad, thinking she was doing right, she agreed. It was a small charge once a year on the card and I did not pick up on it until after I retired. I then cancelled and put in a claim for refund.

Hope this satisfies all the know-alls.