How old are CTC Forum people?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

How old are you?

0-19
1%
20-29
6%
30-39
13%
40-49
32%
50-59
25%
60-69
19%
70-79
4%
80-89
No votes
90+
1%
rather not say
1%

Total votes: 151

661-Pete

Re: How old are CTC Forum people?

Post by 661-Pete »

Mick F wrote:Is supermarket cheese about a £3 a pound now?
Pretty 'mousetrap' sort of cheese at that price I reckon. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a cheese snob and I resign myself to paying a bit over the odds...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Same as being a beer snob too?
Cooking cheese - ie for making cheese sauce is ok as supermarket mousetrap.

Beer at 3.8% is less that £3 a pint round here, but go up the scale and it's £3 or more, maybe £3.50 a pint. Guinness or Stella :evil: is even more. Personally, I'l stick to the cooking beer. :D

BTW, I'm 62 soon ............... and fully intend to be 102+
Mick F. Cornwall
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

At 64 I'm pretty much the same age: that makes both of us tail-end 'baby-boomers'. As far as beer is concerned, with my (minor) heart condition, the quantity of alcohol is the limiting thing: if I consume more than one or two units I start palpitating. I don't enjoy the sensation, so I severely limit my intake: one pint at most per session provided I'm not driving or cycling. If it's a good brew (and in my younger days I was indeed a real ale devotee) the alcohol strength is of less consequence.

Our local real ale is Harveys of Lewes, a famous old brewery right in the middle of the town: if you haven't tried their beer I think you'd like it.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Went into B&Q DIY store and applied for an over 60s discount card. The young lady behind the counter did not ask me for any proof that I was over 60! One very deflated ego!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

PaulB wrote:Went into B&Q DIY store and applied for an over 60s discount card. The young lady behind the counter did not ask me for any proof that I was over 60! One very deflated ego!

Wait till you go in on a Wednesday with all us other old gits and try to buy something at the self-service checkout: you'll be surrounded by spotty teenagers wanting proof you are old enough to buy a tube of glue or a Stanley knife. :roll:
HaroldBriercliffe

Post by HaroldBriercliffe »

62 here.
Too old to be a MAMIL.
" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
(Dogen)
epa611

Post by epa611 »

46 today