How old are CTC Forum people?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

How old are you?

0-19
1%
20-29
6%
30-39
13%
40-49
32%
50-59
25%
60-69
19%
70-79
4%
80-89
No votes
90+
1%
rather not say
1%

Total votes: 151

thorny

Post by thorny »

I'm 20. A mere whippersnapper it would seem!
JohnW

Re: How old are CTC Forum people?

Post by JohnW »

I stumbled on this just now - thread started in 2007.

We're all 7 years older now - I was in my sixties and now I'm in my seventies.

If we all click again on the survey, will it raise the age profile of Forum members by 7 years do you think?
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

I've clicked. I'm now in my 50s. How did that happen!

I've just started working at the local university. I'm surrounded by people in their very early twenties. I don't speak their language. They don't remember a pre-internet world. I walk around the campus and catch my reflection in windows and look SO old compared to everyone I see around me. Yet I was their age yesterday.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Seeing as this poll was started some years ago, I wonder if I clicked on it as my previous persona (now no more)? Anyway I suppose I've a duty to contribute, as I have a habit of rabbiting on about age related stuff.... :oops:
Another one for the 60-69 column then. :?
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Hmm.. I'm one of the 4%! Don't feel it? They say regular cycling makes you 10 years younger than you actually are...

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Colin63 wrote:I've clicked. I'm now in my 50s. How did that happen!

I've just started working at the local university. I'm surrounded by people in their very early twenties. I don't speak their language. They don't remember a pre-internet world. I walk around the campus and catch my reflection in windows and look SO old compared to everyone I see around me. Yet I was their age yesterday.

Hoo boy Colin - how do you think I feel? - I remember trams and all trains being hauled by steam locomotives, gas lamps and the coal man coming, children actually walking the short walk to school and I remember doing my drawings on a drawing board, and with a pencil..........I'm working with an architects' company at the moment - just a one off you understand, I've not come out of retirement - and a couple of the younger staff had not heard of actually drawing by hand..................

I've solved the problem of seeing an old man reflected..........I've stopped looking in the mirror. At least, in seven years, I still won't be in my eighties - quite.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

As is often the case with resurrected threads, you wonder what has happened to people who used to be active forum members.

I've never been one for celebrating my own birthdays, but having grandchildren has changed that. Within the last couple of days I made the restaurant and hotel bookings to celebrate reaching three score and ten, later this year. :(
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
And today you can be optimistic you will probably make that date you booked as meds are keeping us going longer.
Even I as a 56 year old started taking preventative meds in my forties :!:
In three years I will be as old as my father was when I found him dead on the floor at home.
The thought of me ending the same does not even come into it.

Another one of my drearly miserable posts............. :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Wrote a reply to this last night, closed down without posting it. Guess I'm getting old...
Have we got time for another cuppa?
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Wow just come across this, thanks for that guys :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
TerryJones

Post by TerryJones »

I'm 62 and counting.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Last I heard the average age of UAF (Union des Audax Français) members was 66.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
RickH

Post by RickH »

JohnW wrote:I remember trams and all trains being hauled by steam locomotives, gas lamps and the coal man coming,..

I remember the coal man coming as though it was just last month...

Wait a minute, it was last month! Some of us still get coal deliveries. :D

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Coal man, we even still had a coal yard near by till they wanted to do road improvements.......
Electric bread van, a real dustbin where you put your coal ash..............
English curry
Real sweet shops not imatation big sweet jars and sweets by the 1/4 one shilling and sixpence........... that might opf been my pocket money so sweets once a week.........
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
Coal man, we even still had a coal yard near by till they wanted to do road improvements.......
Electric bread van, a real dustbin where you put your coal ash..............
English curry
Real sweet shops not imatation big sweet jars and sweets by the 1/4 one shilling and sixpence........... that might opf been my pocket money so sweets once a week.........

You were lucky, sweets were rationed when I was a kid, and, the milkman had a horse and cart. All the blokes were hiding behind their hedges with a shovel when he came around. The coalman had a horse and cart too. Curry was unknown...

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......