Posting photo's?

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
ElaineB

Posting photo's?

Post by ElaineB »

Can someone please tell me how to post a photo when after the attempted download it says the 'image is too big'. How do I make it smaller? Please only reply to this question if you genuinely wish to help and you can explain in language a non tech person can understand! Many thanks.
series3safari

Re: Posting photo's?

Post by series3safari »

Here's my low tech tip. Take the photo on something like an iPhone. Email the photo to yourself. When it sends, you have the option to send at a reduced size. Choose a size that is less 250kb (?) and send. Then the photo that arrives in your inbox is small enough to be posted here. Appreciate one needs a emailing camera phone like an iPhone for this to work, but if you do, then it's a doddle. Clive
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

It somewhat depends upon the software you have available. If the photo is from a camera that had accompanying software, it may be easiest to use that.

Otherwise, you can try using paint or another windows image program. If you 'save as' you can try different formats. jpeg tends to make for smaller files than some other types of image. If you have Microsoft photo editor or a similar program you can use 'resize' from the image menu. Then reduce the width or height (in percentage or pixels). In MS photo editor, if you resize one dimension, the other will resize automatically. Other programs require resizing both dimensions.

If that doesn't work, or you need more detailed instructions, post what software you are using, and I'm sure that someone can help.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Erudin

Post by Erudin »

I use PIXresizer to reduce the file size, find it quick and easy to use.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
ElaineB

Post by ElaineB »

Thank you series3safari, I will try that!
breakwellmz

Post by breakwellmz »

Hi.

I`ve JUST managed to do this for the first time on here after getting very frustrated not managing to do so in the past. :)

After clicking onto my image,right clicking gave me the option to resize,which i did(Small),i was then able to use it.

Like everything else,it`s easy when you know how :wink:
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

There's another thread about resizing images. Sorry I didn't post a linke to it earlier

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60209&p=510376&hilit=smaller+image#p510376
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Does the photo have to go onto a site such as Photobucket first or can you get it onto the forum straight from the computer?
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
breakwellmz

Post by breakwellmz »

Hi.

The latter.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

How?
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

axel_knutt wrote:How?

Below the submit button on replys there are two tabs. One saying options and one saying Upload attachment. You want that one :wink:
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Koala_bent_ctc.gif
― Friedrich Nietzsche