Losing my post/reply

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Bill Reynolds

Losing my post/reply

Post by Bill Reynolds »

Below is a topic from a Doctor about cold feet. I saw this topic when there no answers to it. As I get cold feet (and hands) thanks to taking Beta Blockers I took the trouble to give the Doc a reply! When I clicked...'SUBMIT' a quick one liner popped up saying someone else had replied as well.....(So What!).... After that one liner my reply disappeared I not know where...What's the point of a forum when reply's are ditched by unknown means???
Last edited by Graham on 9 Feb 2016, 7:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Garbled complaint with something about cold feet ( dunno )
Vantage

Re: Been beamed up??!

Post by Vantage »

Have you by any chance clicked the sub category heading again after hitting the submit button?
I ask because in this case your reply would have gone unpublished. What I find is that if someone has replied to a topic whilst I've been typing mine out, I have to hit the submit button twice for it to be saved on the forum.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Bill, when somebody replies to a post in the time it takes me to (2 finger) type a reply, the forum software gives me a chance to consider if I still want to post my reply, and if I do, then I just have to click "submit" again.....you might have to scroll down or something, I forget.
I used to take Beta blockers for high blood pressure, I hated them, there are much better options now.
...oh, thats good.....Vantage beat me to it, so now I have Vantage's reply, and mine in a box below, so I'm going to re-click "submit" and I will be with you instantly!
.....I can't find a "sub-category" button, though, thats got me wondering.......
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

531colin wrote:.....I can't find a "sub-category" button, though, thats got me wondering.......

I could possibly maybe have the meaning wrong.
Top left of the page/board it says...

"Board index < Cycling < Does anyone know...?"

"Does anyone know...?" would be imo the sub category. :?
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Vantage wrote:
531colin wrote:.....I can't find a "sub-category" button, though, thats got me wondering.......

I could possibly maybe have the meaning wrong.
Top left of the page/board it says...

"Board index < Cycling < Does anyone know...?"

"Does anyone know...?" would be imo the sub category. :?

OK, got you...they just take you straight to the "board index" or the "does anyone know" board index....I've obviously not been paying attention!
Bill Reynolds

Re: Losing my post/reply

Post by Bill Reynolds »

Oh Dear, according to Graham I garble messages not to mention getting them shifted to parts unknown. Thanks for the replies to my query anyway................"I dunno"!