A Good Day

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
John Holiday

A Good Day

Post by John Holiday »

Cycle Training on Wednesday was one of those days when it feels good to be involved with training children to ride safely.
Firstly,whilst we were stopped outside a house explaining to six enthusiastic ten year olds the subtleties of making a safe right turn,the elderly house owner came out to say what a good job he thought we were doing & would the children like the large packet of chocolate biscuits he presented?
Secondly,on our return to school,& after we had gone through a 'debrief' with the children,two of the girls said they had really enjoyed the training & would we give them our autographs?!!!
Never been asked for my autograph before!
Vorpal

Re: A Good Day

Post by Vorpal »

What fun! That's better than answering for the millionth time.... "No I don't race like Cav." :lol:

I had a positive week training. We had a group of disadvantaged kids. When I started with them, I worried that none would get to level 2, and some might not even attain level 1, even with extra time. But they surpassed themselves (and me :!: ) & most got level 2 by Friday afternoon. :D
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mac111051

Post by mac111051 »

Nice to see instructors working, I must know 25 to 30 instructors and I think two have any work this week, any one nead two instructors, NSIQ numbers, first aid certificates, bike mechanic,s certificates, child protection certificates and six enhanced disclosure CRB,S, willing to travel
John Holiday

Post by John Holiday »

Am suprised that you are short of work. Must depend upon your location.
In North Wales/Cheshire there appears to be too much work & not enough Instructors!
John Holiday

Re: A Good Day-Day 2!

Post by John Holiday »

Our trainees will be putting on weight!
Whilst training this week in North Wales on a local estate, an elderly lady approached to say that she had enjoyed watching the children & what a useful job we were doing.
She was carrying a huge tin of Roses chocolates & asked if the children might like them?
Within moments the tin was nearly empty!
Makes a nice change from angry shouts from 'White Van Man' telling us that children on bikes shouldn't be allowed on the roads!