New Member Wanting Information..

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
jaydeepee

New Member Wanting Information..

Post by jaydeepee »

Greetings people, I'm a new member of the forum but not to CTC.

I need to pick your collective mind on this issue which I've seen hinted at on the board. If I were to fund myself on a National Accredited instructors course what would be the likelihood of making a limited living from it in central London?

I'm quite ignorant of what procedures I would have to follow to work as an instructor but is it at all feasible?

Finally, what hurdles are usually in force that all instructors new to the game must be wary of? All help appreciated.
Vorpal

Re: New Member Wanting Information..

Post by Vorpal »

Maybe someone else can comment about training in London, as I'm not familiar with the situation, there. In many places, training is provided through the county council. They will often pay for an instuctor to obtain accreditation, but will not guarantee income. Typically, an enthusiastic person can get more work, just for doing the work to get it. That means getting a list of schools and calling them to arrange sessions.

I think it would be hard to make enough to support a family, but it can be decent for part time work. The availability of work depends on how many schools/people want Bikeability compared to how many instructors there are.

The thing to do is to find out how instruction is provided in your area. If you call the local road safety team, they should be able to tell you.

Good luck.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
jaydeepee

Re: New Member Wanting Information..

Post by jaydeepee »

Thanks for your help, Vorpal. I'm looking to just keep me ticking over.Nothing too fancy but, yes i suspected if I made myself busy it would be practical.Thanks again.