Looking for Instructor in Worcester area

For discussions within the Cycle Training profession.
essexman

Looking for Instructor in Worcester area

Post by essexman »

Hi,

I have some friends who are keen but not very experienced road cyclists (they come from a triathlon background), they have an 8yr old nephew who is a keen cyclits from a non-cycling family. The little lad is bored of riding round the park and would love to go rising with them, but they are a little unsure about how to start and how to do it. I suggested getting some training/coaching on how to ride together as a group on the road. They seemed quite keen on the idea.

Anyone any suggestions?
I hate snow.
bikepacker

Re: Looking for Instructor in Worcester area

Post by bikepacker »

It is very rare I ride with the Worcester and Pershore groups these days so I am not fully up to date on the ride organisation. I will PM you with a couple of contact email addresses who may be more helpful.

I am about 6 miles south of Worcester if they think I can be of use.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
johncharles

Post by johncharles »

Why should coming from a Triathlon background mean that they are inexperienced road cyclists.

Don't they train on the roads or are you saying that because they are triathletes they cannot ride in a group?
CrazyMotherDuck

Post by CrazyMotherDuck »

Believe it or not, road competition cyclists cannot necessarily handle traffic at slow speed because of the nature of their dicipline, an instructor colleague had two come to him and ask his help going back to basics at Level 1 for precisely that reason. Bike control at slow speed is alien to them generally as when they ride, the roads tend to be closed off.

One can train without going out on a bike, strength and conditioning training in a gym so it won't necessarily follow at all! Not everyone is comfortable doing so.
CrazyMotherDuck

Post by CrazyMotherDuck »

Talk to Robin Camps, he's up that way ...

robincamps@yahoo.co.uk
or call 07850 258603
crossrider76

Post by crossrider76 »

There is an organisation called Just Ride who do training for kids and adults . Google them - justrideuk