Best way to put a bike on the wall

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Mark1978

Best way to put a bike on the wall

Post by Mark1978 »

Bit short of storage in my house and we are intending on keeping my bike in the small lean-to we have at the back of the house which is only about 5 foot wide at the most. To free up floor space, and to stop my 1 year old pulling the bike over, my wife has said we're going to need to lift my bike up and hang it on the wall somehow.

Any ideas on the best way to do this? And preferably the cheap way to do it too!
Vorpal

Re: Best way to put a bike on the wall

Post by Vorpal »

The cheapest way to do it is to get some coated screw-in hooks from your favourite DIY store. If the surface doesn't suit screw-in sorts, mount them to a suitable chunk of wood, then hang that up.

Otherwise, there are all sorts of bike storage systems and hanging devices. There are several previous threads on how to hang up a bike...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63028&p=537491
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57501&p=482830

You get the idea. I'm sure that you can find more if you search on suitable key words. 8)
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
WOOLIFERKINS

Re: Best way to put a bike on the wall

Post by WOOLIFERKINS »

I use an earlier version of this. I have it in the spare/storage room so am not too bothered about the odd tyre mark on the wall, but a strip of Fablon(I'm going all Blue Peter) would give you a wipe down rubbing strip. Alternatively there is the Welsh Airer solution if you have a stairwell. Or there are these
Neil