... a good book ?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
AlastairS

... a good book ?

Post by AlastairS »

on cycling (there's a surprise!).

Would like a true story book that tells an interesting/exciting story and in the background explains how the Tour De France works or other factual stuff.

Thank you,

Alastair
iandriver

Re: ... a good book ?

Post by iandriver »

You might want to troll through this lot:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41087&hilit=books

Edit to the Mods, this might make a good sticky.....
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Try One more kilometre and we're in the shower by Tim Hilton. It covers a whole gamut of cycling matters including the Tour.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
AlastairS

Post by AlastairS »

Thanks for your replies. I'll have a look thro' that thread later and then choose one I like. "One more kilometre ..." appears there too so looks promising.
Alastair
groberts

Post by groberts »

I am 2/3 though reading David Millar's autobiography 'Racing Through the Dark' - which IMO provides one of the most interesting and honest insights into contemporary cycle racing, warts and all. I believe it is out in paperback in September.
Last edited by groberts on 24 Aug 2011, 4:48pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlastairS

Post by AlastairS »

Oh Ishould have said, I don't like books with alot of expletives, the occassional one I can cope with.
Ala :wink: stair