Courier to pick up from London and deliver to Wales

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Chambo

Courier to pick up from London and deliver to Wales

Post by Chambo »

I'm after a decent courier to pick up my bike from London SE16 and deliver in Wales (Aberystwyth).

Does anyone know anyone, or could anyone help?
jam05

Post by jam05 »

I used Parcelforce to deliver a bike from Norwich to Aberystwyth. You can arrange it on their website - just make sure you pack the bike really well with as much bubblewrap etc as possible.

Wave hello if you pass a Specialized Tricross or Thorn Nomad in and around Aber!
Khornight

Post by Khornight »

I bet someone here will help:
http://www.ecourier.co.uk/

might take a couple of days though :-)
Karen Sutton

Post by Karen Sutton »

I sent a bike from Stockport to Morpeth recently. I looked at lots of different couriers but Parcelforce was cheapest. About £27 if I remember correctly.

If you have a LBS nearby ask if they have any bike boxes that bikes are delivered to them in. They are usually glad to get rid if them. Packing is much easier in those; bike is better protected and the boxes usually have hand holes which makes them easier to move around.
Chambo

Post by Chambo »

Problem is my mate wants to take the morning off work, and just get the thing collected, before lunch, so I'd like to specify a time if possible

ecocourier quote === £1464.01 + vat

Seems a tad excessive.
rontana

Post by rontana »

I know SJS Cyles use Tuffnells to deliver thier bikes as they apparenty are least annoyed about delivering bikes (plus they delivered my thorn without any dents or holes in its box)

Edited: getting link to work
cambsos

Post by cambsos »

parcel2go are ok from my experiences with them. Pick up on time and deliver next day for a reasonable sum.
Chambo

Post by Chambo »

NewHorizon

Post by NewHorizon »

Used to use Parcel2go without any problems but a) they've got a lot more expensive and b) they, like most couriers (and I know p2g are only agents) skirt around the issue and charge a fortune for anything like a reasonable level of insurance cover (most of the base cost doesn't include any cover now). For my last 3 parcel ships I've used VGParcelServices - Gary Lawson (link via eBay). Its £15 for next day, up to 31kg, size up to 60 x 120 60, insurance cover for £500.
It’s the same firm collects (DHL, probably because I have a local depot nearby) anyway.