Why is cycling addictive?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Why is cycling addictive?

Post by Mick F »

This morning, I was doing a spot of hedge cutting and lifting and shifting branches and boughs.
We live on the side of a hill, and I was having a great deal of difficulty, so had to take my time. I spent maybe an hour out there, but it was enough.

I felt like I imagine a 60-a-day Capstan Full Strength smoker would feel. :oops:
I was wheezing and rasping and having a hard time about it.

This evening, I'm feeling better than I have done for a few days, so perhaps my efforts this morning have paid off. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Mick F wrote:This morning, I was doing a spot of hedge cutting and lifting and shifting branches and boughs...This evening, I'm feeling better than I have done for a few days, so perhaps my efforts this morning have paid off. :D

Glad you're feeling chipper. I'm a self employed long-haired, bearded, 40 year old gardener and rank hedge trimming right up there with grubbing out tree stumps. It's hard physical work especially on the side of a hill. Don't give yourself a hard time. Good work...hc
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Thanks!
Yes, feeling tons better this morning. Perhaps better than I've felt in over a week.

I plan on a little bike ride later, then perhaps some more hacking and slashing of the hedge after lunch. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Glad you're on the mend Mick :)
Sometimes a bit of graft can lift you,especially when you can look back on the day's work and see where you been :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Heltor Chasca

Why is cycling addictive?

Post by Heltor Chasca »

reohn2 wrote:Sometimes a bit of graft can lift you,especially when you can look back on the day's work and see where you been :D

[emoji6]The best bit about my job. Sometimes clients burst into tears after completing a grand task. Really. I never knew gardening could be so emotional. I'm just hoping tears of joy [emoji15]