CTC member discounts

AM7

CTC member discounts

Post by AM7 »

Do CTC members still get 10% discount at Evans and other selected bike shops? There used to be a long list of shops that offered a member discount on the CTC website, but I can't find it now and there's no mention of it on the Member Benefits page.

Thanks
iandriver

Re: CTC member discounts

Post by iandriver »

Before the current wiggle one, Evans used to run the online CTC shop. Since that changed, I don't know of a way to enter it online just as a discount code. I've found most LBS shops do give a discount if I just ask then show my card. Don't know if that will work if you go into Evans in person.

The last list of shops published I can see is quite out of date:
http://www.ctc.org.uk/files/ctc-shop-di ... list_0.pdf
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
AM7

Post by AM7 »

Yes that's the list. There used to be a link to it on main CTC site but I can't see one now.

You certainly used to be able to show your card in Evans and get a 10% discount but, again, there's no mention of it now on the webiste. I guess I should probably contact CTC head office for a definitive answer.
Galloper

Post by Galloper »

I don't think you can get the CTC discount online but I regularly buy stuff from my local Evans and get my discount at the till.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

I've found though that they only give the discount if the item is not already discounted. Since most of their stuff is below RRP, even if by only a little, I very rarely get the CTC discount.
jezer

Post by jezer »

Many shops will give a discount to club members. I bought some walking boots from a local camping shop, not a cycling one. My GF asked if they gave discount to the local cycling club (of which we are both members). The assistant said he didn't know, but he allowed it anyway. 10% off boots costing £170 is worth having. Always ask, you never know :D
Power to the pedals